Media Contact: Brian Brown
The Colson Center Announces Two New Board Members
Colorado Springs, CO (August 2019) — The Board of Directors of the Colson Center for Christian Worldview is pleased to announce the addition of two exciting names.
Joining the Board of Directors are David Dockery and Shannon Cagnina.
David S. Dockery served as the 15th president of Trinity International University for five years and is now serving as the university chancellor. Prior to his time at Trinity, Dockery served as president of Union University for nearly two decades. Dockery has served as the chair of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, the Consortium for Global Education, as well as the Christian College Consortium. He is the past president of the Evangelical Theological Society. He has authored or edited more than 30 volumes. His authored books include Renewing Minds, Southern Baptist Consensus and Renewal, Biblical Interpretation Then and Now, Theologians of the Baptist Tradition, and The Holman Bible Handbook.
Shannon Cagnina serves as Chief Operating Officer of Phillips Enterprises, a family business and philanthropic platform with offices in Dallas, Texas and Greensboro, North Carolina. Phillips Enterprises oversees the business and philanthropy practices of the Phillips family, including operating businesses with real estate holdings across the Southeastern United States, innovative social ventures, and a broad family philanthropy practice. For ten years, Ms. Cagnina served as the Chief Operating Officer of Mary Crowley Cancer Research, an independent 501(c)3 conducting clinical trial testing of novel molecular therapies for cancer patients. Ms. Cagnina’s past experience includes Deputy General Counsel to the Secretary of Finance and Administrative Law Judge for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Colson Center Board of Directors includes:
- David Dockery, Chancellor – Trinity International University
- Shannon Cagnina, Chief Operating Officer – Phillips Enterprise
- Douglas Napier, President – The Cavan Companies
- Christopher Brooks, Senior Pastor – Woodside Bible Church
- Emily Colson, Speaker/Author
- Peter Mahon, Secretary – Colson Center Board of Directors
- Jennifer Marshall, Senior Visiting Fellow – Institute for Family, Community, and Opportunity
- Eric Pillmore, Treasurer and Chair – Colson Center Finance and Audit Committee
- Edwin Simcox, Chair – Colson Center Executive Committee; President Emeritus – Indiana Energy Association
About the Colson Center
The Colson Center for Christian Worldview is a ministry that equips Christians to live out their faith with clarity, confidence, and courage in this cultural moment. Every day, we…
- Offer incisive content that cuts through the fog of relativism and the news cycle with truth and compassion.
- Provide training that unlocks every believer’s calling to restore culture.
- Resource and activate a movement of Christians committed to cultural restoration.
WHAT WE DO
- The world is confusing. We bring clarity.
Founded by Chuck Colson (1931 – 2012) in 1991 as a daily radio broadcast, BreakPoint provides a Christian perspective on today’s news and trends via radio, podcasts, video, and print.
- Learn more: http://www.breakpoint.org
- Our culture is broken. We equip restorers.
Throughout the year, we allow people to delve deeper into the most difficult cultural questions, and meet real people who are bringing light to the darkness. Our annual Wilberforce Weekend in Washington, D.C. is a gathering of heroes, where nearly a thousand people gather to be inspired and equipped for cultural restoration. Regular webinars, short courses, local speaking events, and other opportunities allow people to gain mastery of tricky topics and bring leadership to their families, churches, workplaces, and communities.
- Learn more: http://www.wilberforceweekend.org
- Christians are shaped by culture. We prepare them to shape it.
The Colson Fellows Program is a nine-month long, intensive worldview course with readings, webinars, and residencies that prepare Christians to become leaders for Kingdom change. It’s designed for CEOs, teachers, pastors, young professionals, stay-at-home moms—anyone who wants to be empowered to be an effective advocate for God in their sphere of influence.
- Learn more: http://www.colsonfellows.org